Author: Kristina (page 2 of 16)
Oy vey. Still have ringing ears, occasional dizziness, and now have developed some sort of blockage in my right ear – I get dizzy when it pops or when I blow my nose. But it’s manageable – I figured out some triggers and have been trying my best to prevent any serious vertigo episodes.. only had one and two halves (I did not throw up those two times so that counts as half each) since then!
Back when my allergies were worse than ever in the spring of 2018, I got referred to an allergist to see if I developed any new ones. The ones here are quite busy and my appointment was set for mid-November 2018. Fast forward to September, I saw the doctor again due to vertigo issues and he suspected it’s to do with my allergies; a possibility it’s due to chronic sinusitis DUE to allergies. Joy. He prescribed me dizziness medication (it’s helping a bit) and decided to also refer me to an ENT as well to get all bases covered. There’s only one ENT doctor here in Victoria and I was booked for March 2019. I was really hoping the allergist could help somewhat with all this crap I’m going through so I don’t have to tolerate it until March. Finally in November, I saw the allergist and no new allergies. Still allergic to grass. (Grass season is only through June and July. So why do I have allergy symptoms throughout most of the year? ) She prescribed me nasal spray until the ENT appointment. It has been very helpful so far but quite expensive so hopefully it’s not something I have to live on!
My attempt at becoming vegan was a fail. I somehow developed a sensitivity to beans, I do not like most nuts, and I’m very picky with vegetables & fruits so it was a struggle to keep myself healthy and full. I’m right now mostly vegetarian, I can have eggs which has been helpful. I rarely have dairy (some cheese here and there) but have already been like that for three years now. I eat meat maybe two times a week. I will be taking some time to really learn what I can enjoy eating as a vegan before I actually become one.
On a positive note, I finally started BodyBoss this week… had to put it off due to getting dizziness several times then got sick over the holidays. So far, my body is tolerating it so hopefully I can actually complete the program this time!
Yup, it’s my birthday today. Holy crap… 34.
And here is 35 things I hope to achieve before I turn 35 next year.
01. Get another tattoo… or two
02. Be able to do a handstand
03. Do a photo a day on IG for a year
04. Get my driver’s license
05. Knit an infinity scarf
06. Do the Body Boss program and complete it (including pre-training)
07. Really learn how to read tarot cards
08. Go camping
09. Grow my hair past current record
10. Adopt another cat
11. Have 6+ house plants
12. Be in four states at once
13. Be an “interior decorator” for a friend
14. Visit filming locations of The Goonies in and around Astoria, Washington
15. Host a craft night
16. Be a hair model
17. Do an ASL music video
18. Host a fondue dinner
19. Create a non-profit website
20. Have a vacation with an old friend or two
21. Participate in the Zombie Walk
22. Have $—- in my savings account for emergencies
23. Lose 50 pounds
24. Create two capsule wardrobes (spring/summer and cold rainy season)
25. Build a snowman
26. Find a boyfriend (Cheesy, I know but I want to have kid(s) eventually and there isn’t much time left!)
27. Crochet a blanket
28. Re-read the entire Harry Potter book series
29. Go sky-diving
30. Take a float plane to Vancouver
31. Photograph a sunrise and a sunset in the same day
32. Go in a sensory deprivation tank
33. Go on a road trip
34. Do 5 new 1000-piece puzzles
35. Plan something for my 35th birthday
(I will come back to this post and update it whenever I achieve one.)